Wednesday, 10 December 2008

The (unedited) contents of my handbag: A Meme


Fe tagged me to reveal the contents of my handbag. Unlike the Glomesh adverts of the 1980s the contents had to be unedited.

I rotate between four or five handbags the most common being this cream one and a black one. Rotation means that the bags rarely get filled with major crap. The above pic represents yesterday's contents:

Socks (for Pilates, so lower north shore of me)
Glasses case (minus the glasses, I'm always leaving them in the bathroom or beside my bed)
iPod (you just never know when you need to listen)
camera (always, always in my bag)
purse
Padawan Learner's wallet (we went to spend pocket money yesterday arvo)
Blossom's purse (see above)
Pages & Pages book voucher ($5.03 remaining, PL's birthday gift from August he was trying to redeem yesterday)
Lipstick brush
Pages & Pages empty paper bag
Lippy
Mobile Phone
Supermarket shopping list
Scrunched up receipt from said shopping expedition.
Sundry bits of dust and crumb-like pieces from who.knows.where

Usually I would have a book or a notebook in there, but yesterday book reading wasn't on the cards and the kids wallets are heavy with coin so I had to lighten the load. Also, no keys in there as keys are always hanging in a set place in the kitchen so I can't lose them. And no sunnies, because they are nearly always on my face/top of my head.

So, who's ready to reveal the contents of their bag? Hmm? Whose bag do I want to see...

I tag:

Mary
Stomper
H&B
Tracey
Stacey

and anyone else who wants to join in. I tags youse all.

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

kurrabikid said...

Whoa, your bag is so neat! Mine is 90% scrunched-up receipts, squashy fruit and old train tickets.

M said...

Well Kurrabikid, I'd love to see THAT bag. You're officially TAGGED!

Mary said...

I knew it ....I just knew I would be tagged for this one.

I'll do it... just give me a bit of leeway with timing.

I am still a little overcome by realising Fairlie took Kingsley with them OS.

She's beautiful your best mate (and Poolboy)

Anonymous said...

OOH - Tracey - me... I better get on this right away.

Melinda said...

Mine would make Kurrabikid's look neat, I swear. No way am I flashing the nasty contents of my purse. You'd probably come down with some sort of communicable disease just looking at a picture of said stuff.

Stomper Girl said...

okay, I will try and remember to do this when my new Glorydaze bag arrives! Everything will need to be tipped out of the old then, so I promise to photograph the evidence. (There's a LOT of crap in mine)

LBA said...

Oooh - off to take a piccy now - i've done this twice with 2 different bags on flickr, but now have a new fave bag .. hope there's nothing gross in it :)

Stacey said...

Ooh, I'm in! I don't think there's anything incriminating in mine.

LBA said...

Done.

And I love that little Santa 'clock' in your sidebar .. may have to steal it..

Mrs. G. said...

Look a you, all organized.

Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

That looks too much like a Glomesh bag ad to me..

Where's the half-sucked lolly that has been snuck into your bag when you weren't looking and has adhered itself to the lipstick or the mobile phone? What about all the little bits of crappy giveaways from shopping centres that also were slipped in unnoticed? And how about the medical supplies? Bandaids in several sizes, children's panadol, adult panadol?

Can you see why I will NEVER do this meme?